Monday, January 20, 2014



 transcript:

 Quick English proficiency lesson on indefinite articles "an" and "a"


1. Use "a" with singular countable nouns with consonant sounds

- a boy


2. Use "an" with singular countable nouns with vowel sounds

- an egg


3. Use "a" and "an" to say something about the job of a person


- My father is a doctor.


4. Use "a" and "an" with a singular noun to say something about all things of that kind


- A man needs friends. This means that all men need friends.


5. use "a" and "an" when we introduce the noun in the sentence for the first time. When we need to mention it again, that’s the time we have to use the definite article “the”.
There is a woman sitting outside the truck near the porch of my house. I looked at it again and realized that the woman is my mother and the truck where she is sitting my father's.

www.jroozreview.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment